Privacy & legal notices
This privacy statement applies to all CAF.CA-owned web sites and domains.
Canadian Apprenticeship Forum (CAF) presents the www.caf-fca.org Web site for our visitors' personal use, including educational and informational purposes. You can view and download material on this site for your personal use. You must retain and observe all of the proprietary and copyright notices on CAF materials. You are not permitted to use, repost, modify, publish or duplicate CAF content for commercial or other public use without securing specific written authorization from CAF.
Terms and conditions of use
Any use of the www.caf-fca.org site is also bound by these terms and conditions below, as well as by the laws of Ontario and Canada. When you browse the www.caf-fca.org site, you have accepted, without qualification or limitation, these terms and conditions of use superseding any other agreements specific or implied, between you and CAF. If you do not agree with the site terms and conditions, you should not use the site.
- You should assume that everything on this site is copyrighted material, unless otherwise noted. This means you can't use it except as these terms and conditions apply, unless you have obtained written permission from CAF. For any material on this site supplied by third parties, written permission must be obtained from the lawful copyright owner before it can be used.
- CAF makes reasonable efforts to ensure that information on this site is accurate and current, but CAF does not take responsibility or liability for omissions or mistakes in site content.
- You make use of the site and its content at your own risk. CAF and any other parties who have participated in the operation or content of this site will not be liable for any damages, direct or other as a consequence of visiting or using the site or its content. In addition, anything provided to you by this site is provided as is, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of fitness for any purpose, non-infringement of copyright patent or other intellectual property right or law, or merchantability. Similarly, there shall be no liability or responsibility to CAF for any malicious code that may infect your computer, server or other property as a result of visiting, using or downloading any materials from www.caf-fca.org
- If you send any comments, letters, questions or other data to the site, it can be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. This means that anything you send to the site can be used by CAF for any purpose including but not limited to publication, broadcast, transmission over networks or other media, discussion and public disclosure. We reserve the right to make use of any comments and suggestions sent by you to the site for any purpose, without obligation to CAF to provide compensation, acknowledgement or other considerations for such use.
- All logos, trademarks and recognizable images of persons and locations are either the property of CAF, or are used on the site with permission. The re-use of these images by you or any other person is forbidden unless directly permitted by CAF. Images of persons and places are strongly protected by Canadian and international copyright, privacy, trademark and regulatory body laws and regulations.
- Other proprietary symbols, images, and language contained on the site should be assumed to be trademarks of CAF and others. No site content grants any license, specific or implied for the use of trademarked information without you first obtaining the specific written permission of the lawful trademark owner. Any use of trademark content without written permission of the lawful trademark owner is forbidden.
Copyright is a right granted by statute to the author or originator of certain literary or artistic productions, where the author or originator is invested, for a specified period of time, with the exclusive right to do and to authorize a number of acts. It grants the right to make copies and the related right to prevent others from making copies of the work. Copyright protection is utilized as a primary source of protection for traditional published materials as well as computer programs and other works in digital form, which, even when they exist in a form unintelligible to humans, such as object code, are considered to be literary works for the purposes of copyright law.
Permission to copy
You may be allowed, without obtaining prior written permission, to use certain images, software or text for advertising, in books and other printed matter, on clothing or other promotional items, online and Internet locations, for public exhibitions or demonstrations, in software applications, in television programs, commercials, movies, and/or video tapes, provided the use is not disparaging. The use must fall within the definition of "fair dealing" or "fair use" as defined under Canadian, U.S. and other applicable International copyright law. No use should mislead the public as to CAF sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of your products or services.
Use of Text
Web Content - Not all articles, documents, manuals, help files, white papers or other documents that are contained in www.caf-fca.org Web pages are owned by CAF. CAF is not the copyright owner of everything that is posted on our Web site. If another party is identified as the copyright owner, please contact them directly for permission to use the documentation. If there is no copyright attribution, or if CAF is identified as the copyright owner, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Pages - Certain use of text from www.caf-fca.org Web pages may not require written permission as the use may be similar to making use of CAF logos and images.
Product Manuals - If you wish to copy, redistribute or reprint a CAF product manual, you must submit your request to email@example.com.
Other Publications - If you have a copyright question or reprint request with regard to products published by CAF, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of Images and Logos
Recognizable images of persons, products and locations are either the property of CAF and or are used on the site with permission. The re-use of these images by you or any other person is forbidden unless directly permitted by CAF. Images of persons and places are strongly protected by Canadian and international copyright, privacy, trademark and regulatory body laws and regulations.
Photos - Your use of photos included on the CAF Web site may be considered appropriate use and may not require written permission. Please refer to logos and images section for graphic material you can use in various media to depict CAF products, services and staff. CAF does not object to third-party use of product shots of our software products in advertising, on documentation, in books and other printed matter, on video tape, in software applications, on World Wide Web pages or in television programs/commercials/movies, so long as the use is not disparaging and falls within the definition of "fair dealing" or "fair use" under International and/or Canadian copyright law, as applicable. You can use CAF images, provided you do not alter them other than to resize them. If you are uncertain as to whether or not your intended use is appropriate or requires written permission, please check with your copyright attorney. The following guidelines apply for the usage of CAF photos and product images:
- You may not disparage CAF or any of its products in your use of CAF photos or graphics.
- You should not use our product(s), product name(s), corporate name, product shots or other copyrighted material in a way that would indicate CAF sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of Your Product.
- The CAF product shot(s) must not be the most prominent visual element. Your Product, company name, logos or graphics should be significantly larger than the size of the CAF product shot.
- You should use only CAF approved product shots, including the entire product packaging. You may NOT use portions of the graphics, artwork or trade dress from the packaging, nor may you alter the product shots in any way except to resize to fit your needs.
- The copyright attribution should state: "reprinted with permission from CAF." If any CAF product is mentioned, the full name of the CAF product should be used at first and most prominent mention or as soon as practicable thereafter, and the CAF trademark(s) should be marked as they appear on the CAF product packaging. A footnote attributing trademark ownership to CAF should be used.
All other use of product shots of CAF products requires written permission. Please submit your request in writing with samples, drawings or mock-ups of the product shots showing how you wish to use them.
If you are having difficulty deciding whether your intended use is appropriate you should seek the advice of your own attorney. CAF will not assist you in making this determination.
Logos - Unless you are licensed by CAF, you are not permitted to use CAF logos. If there is a specific logo you are interested in using when featuring CAF or its products, please contact email@example.com. Or, you may choose to simply refer to a CAF product.