Skilled Trades Summit 2014
From June 1 – 3, in Ottawa, Ontario, more than 600 apprenticeship stakeholders from across Canada and the world attended the national apprenticeship conference. Between the keynote speakers, the networking events, the concurrent sessions and a full exhibit space, delegates enjoyed a variety of best practices, ideas and innovations.
Here are some presentations from the Summit. Make sure not to miss the 2016 edition in Vancouver, BC!
- Skilled Trades Summit 2014: Skills in Demand – A Sectoral Perspective (Video)
- Apprenticeship Conversations within Canadian Associations (Video)
- Trades and Apprenticeship Harmonization in Canada (Video)
- Selling the Trades in an Economy Focused on STEM (Video)
- Stakeholders Look to the Future (Video)
- Which Supports When? (Province of New Brunswick) (PDF)
- Completion Counts (Ontario Construction Secretariat) (PPT)
- Distance Education for Apprentices With an Innovative Blended Learning Approach (College of the North Atlantic) (PDF)
- Securing Apprenticeship Success in the Oil Sands (Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training) (PPT)
- A New Integrated Apprenticeship System for Canada (SME Toronto: Take Back Manufacturing Partner Forum) (PDF)