Hiring an Apprentice
As one employer put it, “No apprentices means no industry.”
CAF-FCA and its partners are committed to working with industry to promote the benefits of hiring apprentices. CAF-FCA’s return on training investment research helps challenge many of the misconceptions about hiring apprentices and indicates that, on average, for every dollar invested in an apprentice, an employer receives a return of a $1.47.
Finding and hiring the right apprentice can still be challenging. CAF-FCA further empowers employers interested in hiring apprentices by sharing information about programs and services that will help them directly connect with potential apprentices that are a good fit for their business.
If you have any promising practices around encouraging employers to hire apprentices or know of a service that helps employers hire apprentices, please share them.
- Canadian Construction Industry Applauds Report
- Stakeholders’ Feedback on the Barriers to Apprenticeship
- It Pays to Hire an Apprentice (ROTI)
- Strategies to Increase Employer Participation in Apprentice Training in Canada
- Making it Work! On-the-job Training in Apprenticeship
Five reasons to hire and train an apprentice: